COVID-19 PATIENT ADVICE
Please read this page carefully prior to attending the clinic in person for a face-to-face appointment. If you suspect you may be suffering from COVID-19 you MUST NOT ATTEND the clinic.
Please self assess prior to attending for face-to-face appointment for any symptoms of COVID-19. ‘Check if you have coronavirus symptoms - Coronavirus (COVID-19)’
WE WILL SCREEN ALL PATIENTS FOR CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER APPOINTMENTS TO ANY PATIENTS WHO HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS, ANY PATIENTS WHOSE FAMILY MEMBER IS SELF ISOLATING OR HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY BE IN A HIGHLY VULNERABLE TO COVID 19 INFECTION GROUP- PLEASE CHECK HERE (HIGH RISK CRITERIA) - AND YOU STILL BELIEVE YOU NEED AN URGENT APPOINTMENT PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE MAY NEED TO SEE YOU UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
Prior to attending the clinic please read the following advice:
- please attend the clinic on your own if at all possible. You may only bring a chaperone if absolutely necessary (ie to aid you to the clinic/help to translate etc)
- please leave all personal belongings in the car. If you come by taxi or by public transport please only bring with you what is absolutely necessary. You will be asked to leave all your bags, apart from a phone and means of payment, by the front door in the reception
- please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to minimise any interaction between people in the reception area
- please note we will only accept card payments where possible, using the contactless method if at all possible
- you will be asked to disinfect your hands with an alcoholic hand gel on entry and on exit, Please wear a face mask for the appointment. You may purchase a single use face mask at the reception for £1 if you are unable to provide your own mask.
- there will only be one chiropractor in clinic at any time, using both front and rear consulting rooms
- you will be asked to change in the consulting room, you will be offered a gown as usual
- the chiropractor will wear FFP2 mask, single use surgical gloves and a single use gown for the consultation
- following the consultation you will be asked to place your gown in a clearly marked bin in the consulting room
- the chiropractic treatment table will have a single use cover for the head section, as well as single use paper cover over the whole bench
- alcoholic hand gel will be available in both treatment rooms and in the reception area
- you will be asked to take off the face mask on leaving the clinic and place it in a bin provided
- we will be using disposable paper towels in the toilet instead of the Dyson hand dryer
- the reception desk will have a perspex "cough screen"
- we are going onto a computerised appointment system, please check we have a correct mobile number for you as you will be receiving a text reminder
- please also provide us with your email address, we will email you a receipt automatically
- all new patients, who will make an appointment for the initial consultation, will receive an email with medical history, GDPR and COVID 19 questionnaires, please complete those prior to your appointment